Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Funny passage from today's Hill

I was reading an article in today's edition of The Hill about Congressional Republican's standing by their man Karl Rove. When I got to the following passage I literally laughed out loud,

"Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) told The Hill, “I’m not going to participate in a hit job on Karl Rove. I’m going to wait for the facts.”

DeLay prefaced his comments by saying that the media had demanded a special prosecutor and now must wait for the facts. Told that the media doesn’t have the power to convene a special prosecutor, DeLay brushed off the comment."

What I wouldn't give to witness a reporter give a civics lesson to Tom DeLay. The statement from DeLay about the media and special prosecutors is really classic GOP spin. They're not stupid, the idea is to obfuscate, obscure, and otherwise muddy up the issues... rarely though are they called out by the press on those obfuscations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home